Saturday 4 August 2012

Schools out......when was it in?

The home has been a haven of activity today, so much going on, everybody busy all day, it's been wonderful!

I woke with a cold today, the first one in a very long time. Arrr where did that come from? I do not know....time to remember all of the natural ways to shift it. Mmmm the list is long:
*Garlic, works a treat as has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties
*Echinacea, tastes gross so best taken with something flavoured
*Honey and lemon, hot of course, always hits the spot
but right now..... hot Ribena is what I desire!
Hope something works, rather hate not being able to taste my food and have managed to burn Small boys sausages at dinner as I couldn't smell them cooking (can't say that bothered me as I cannot stand the smell, although he was thoroughly disappointed!).

Began our creative day by making some lovely moisturising face cream. My face cream seems to have disappeared since our return from camping last week and the last little squeeze from an old tube that still hangs around, has just about dried up. Popping to the shop would of course be the easy option and solution here but wasn't to be the case today. No, the ingredients were there in a box under the bed so out they came and to work I began.
OK, to make one 60ml jar of lovely jubbly moisture cream you need:

About 100g of Apricot butter/Shea butter of cocoa butter (the latter two would need melting)
About 25ml Almond oil
30 (or so) drops of essential oil. I used lavender oil as it has healing properties.




Pop them all into a bowl and mix like mad until they have all creamed together. The mixture should resemble light fluffy, slightly frothed cream. Then spoon your mixture carefully into a jar...ta dah.....it's that easy!
All ready to use and lasts for 6 months too so lots of time for pampering xxxxxx
I created this recipe myself, but there are many other simple ones just waiting to be tried and tested in this little book........ 

'The holistic beauty book' by Star Khechara.

 **They are lovely to make for yourself but also to give as presents :-))) **

Meanwhile, Miss P worked away firstly at creating a bank (no credit available today) and secondly, creating paper dolls (her and her friends have a website somewhere on the World Wide Web - check out 'Stardolls' on google to find it!) 


Small boy washed the dishes following a baking blitz and excitedly announced that he had found BUBBLES in a bottle. I have to say I could see what he was excited about, they looked like jewels sparkling away in there. So glad that he notices the simple things in life that we often take for granted!

Then the 'little ladies' made magazines....such an industrious lot!

This afternoon my lovely sissy and her man came to join in the fun and we ambled off for a walk around the village pleasure garden. I could not believe that I hadn't mentioned it to them before. Well that was a well kept secret I'll say. We are so lucky to have such lovely adventurous places on our doorstep, so many beautiful things to see and explore....I'll share some of them with you.....
Reeds growing in the lake....

Thistles growing wild.......

An avenue of trees........

Sheer bliss........!
 

Beautiful I know, but even more lovely in real life.
Thanks for joining me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx









1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful village!

    It's great fun making your own face cream - I've made lots in my time, plus lip salve and mountains of soap.

    The children look very busy! xx

    ReplyDelete